Version 4.1 Product Update 4
The following fixes, enhancements and changes have been made in version 4.1 product update 4.
The majority of the enhancements centre around functionality used to integrate with different webservices. There are two new functions for performing adboc GET requests outside of the Reader and WebserviceLookup function and four functions encoding and decoding values to and from Base64 format.
These functions combined expand IMan’s webservice capabilties for use with shipping services, handling of document transfer, and the like.
There is one critical issue resolved in the previous update. If you are upgrading from a version other than v4.1 PU2 please read the breaking change section below.
Check out the updates in the previous updates:
This (breaking) change is resultant of the issue fixed in Product Update 2.
Flatten, Hierarchy, Translate transforms – In version 4.0 & 4.1 any field in these transforms without a value set would set the field to the it’s default value.
This change reverts pre v4.x functionality so as not to set the field’s value.
The issue caused the following behaviour:
- Integer & Decimal Fields – Unset fields would be set to default value of 0.
- Boolean Fields – Unset fields would be set to default value of False.
- Text & Binary Fields – Not affected (due to the default handling of Text fields).
The following affects would have been seen:
- Expression Based Transforms (Map, Filter, Aggregate) – Not affected.
- Write Transforms – Not affected.
- Connectors – Unexpected fields would have been set/updated causing unexpected errors since the fields will be set with default values.
We believe the impact is low.
If an expression has been added through a Map or Aggregate transform to counter the unknown affects, this logic should still work, due to default field value handling. We recommend however, that you check this still works following installation of this update.
- IMAN-1828 – Improves error handling on generation of the audit report.
- IMAN-1827 – Adds several functions to facilitate different webservice interactions.
WebserviceGetBinary, WebserviceGetText – Allow you to perform GET requests against a webservice to obtain Binary (images, rich-text documents, pdfs) and Textual (files) resources. Base64DecodeText, Base64EncodeBinary, Base64EncodeFile, Base64EncodeText – These functions allow you to encode and decode values to and from Base64 format. This set of functions help faciliate interactions with webservices to be able to retrieve images, documents and files from webservices and also be able to post to a webservice where a value (image, document, file) has been encoded in Base64.
- IMAN-1819 – Sage200 – The Project Cost Adjustment import has been expanded to allow both cost and revenue adjustments.
- Improvements to the Integration Cookbook, adding several articles for common transformation & design patterns, using the different readers and writers.
- IMAN-1820 – Functions – Adds missing function ChrW.
- IMAN-1818 – Sage200 – Nominal Journal Import – Adds missing Goods Amount field.
- IMAN-1817 – Webservices – OAuth Authentication – Fixes an issue where parameters not being escaped on Form URL Encoded type body/request.
- IMAN-1817 – Sage200 – SLInvoice – Fixes the following issue when creating Project Line Items for a Sales Ledger Credit Note. “An error occured whilst creating the Sales Invoice. The entry will be discarded. Contract Failure: Instrument must be a SalesInvoiceInstrument.”
- IMAN-1815 – Sage300 – Adds missing IDRATETYPE field to Customer imports.
- IMAN-1814 – Webservices – Stepped JSON Reader – Fixes an issue where the stepped JSON reader was querying the entry point URL on each transaction. This fix changes the behaviour to query the entry point URL list once.
- IMAN-1811 – Sage300 – Bank Reversals – Fix ‘Record already exists.’ error.
- IMAN-1808 – Scheduler – Fixes an issue where the Schedule Setup interface would fail if a non-administrative user did not have any permitted jobs assigned.