Version 4.2 Product Update 4
The following fixes, enhancements and changes have been made in version 4.2 product update 4.
This fix makes a big (overdue) update has been made to the way errors are reported by any reader, writer or lookup using webservices.
This Product Update also introduces the ability to use Expando fields in the File Task.
Check out the updates in the previous updates:
Breaking Changes & Warnings
This product update introduces a security fix covering all Xml handling (reading, writing, webservices and webservice lookups) to prevent external DTDs from being loaded and processed.
You will need to find alternatives in the unlikely event you have integrations relying on IMan processing external DTDs (see IMAN-1954 in PU2).
- CSV Readers and CSV Writers using tabs as delimiters should also be checked to ensure functionality (see IMAN-1980 below).
- IMAN-1981 – File Tasks – Can now use Expando Fields in the Destination Path. Coupled with the ability to the ‘Create Directory’ feature added in 4.2, this allows you to dynamically move/copy files to dynamically created directories.
For example, categorised library or document file stores can use a File Move or File Copy Operations with a field such as a reference or customer id.
- IMAN-1977 – Webservices – Improves the messaging and capability for handling errors returned from any webservice interaction. Any erroneous response from a webservice is now extracted and formatted to show more meaningful errors.
If the webservice responds with consistent error messaging, this feature adds a property to the Webservice Behaviour to specify the JPath or XPath to any error messages.
If the message returned from webservice is either malformed or just plain text, IMan will fallback and attempt to extract the most meaningful message.
Further information about webservice error handling and this feature can be found on the Webservice Behaviour.
- IMAN-1980 – Fixes handling of tab delimited CSV files on both the reader and writer. The delimiter stored in the IMan configuration file is now the escaped version as opposed to the actual non-Xml-compliant tab character. If any integration uses tab delimited CSV Reader or Writers, it is wise to check the integration functions after upgrading.
- IMAN-1979 – Fixes an issue with the 1, 2 & 3 integration licenses where a task added to an existing integration would cause the designer to cause an internal error.
- IMAN-1978 – Sage300 – Orchid – Bin Tracking – Adds missing capability to create Bin Tracking documents not tied to source documents.