What & Why?
Shopify have evolved and refined their API over the last couple of years. We need to issue a new connector in a response to this evolution.
We typically try to keep you/your sites are stable as possible, but a change to Shopify’s Paging mechanism requires this update and a possible IMan upgrade.
What do I need to do?
You will need to upgrade to the latest IMan version IMan v4.1 PU5 (other product updates for v4.1 may function, but we have not tested).
Take the Shopify connector provided by ourselves, test and deploy.
When do I need to do this?
For those customers using the Product Variant download you must complete the update by 31st March 2020.
Otherwise you have until 30th June 2020.
If you do not upgrade your Shopify integration will stop functioning.
Are there any breaking changes?
The biggest area of change is to the Order download. There have been multiple generations of changes to the Order download, with new fields being added. We don’t believe there are breaking changes, so existing integrations should continue to function. However it is your responsibility to test, check and modify any integration to respond to those changes.
Are there any Improvements
- Dependent on the version of your connector there may be additional Shopify touchpoints you can take advantage of.
- The order download has had many fields added: more shipping fields; inclusion of payments; various discount fields; tax fields and adding of presentment amounts for currency type fields.
- Upgrade IMan to v41 PU5 (if required). Use our Upgrade FAQ if you are not familiar with the process.
- Install the Shopify connector (use the Apply Patches FAQ). The new connector is versioned. The System Connector will need to be changed use the new version.
- Test and change any integrations.
There may be a possibility to retain your existing (set of) System Connectors pointed to the old connector whilst having a new (set of) System Connectors pointed to the new (versioned) connector. You could then migrate the integration from the old to the new one at a time.
If adopting this approach please exercise caution since the schemas between the versions are different.
Can I have a test license?
No, unless you/your client has purchased one.
Any lookups to Shopify stores should continue to function. Shopify will use the oldest active API version if the URL used in the lookup does not included a version.
If you wish to ensure consistent behaviour we recommend you pinning the lookup to a specific version by adding it to the URL.