Here is an example of an order import from a web-commerce application. In a real scenario the data-source would be XML, however to simplify the integration we have substituted this for an Excel data-source.
- IMan is installed and running.
Ensure Sage300 is setup and working with IMan (see IMan Setup
- If you have not used IMan previously it is highly recommended to consult the Quick Start guide and the integration walk-throughs prior to starting training.
We urge you to follow and read each part carefully. There are some ‘gotchas’ along the way if you miss a step or get something wrong.
We estimate it will take about a day on your own to work through the initial training. There are several homework steps which can be performed after the initial section is complete.
At a top level the aim is to import orders and customers from an Excel file into Sage300.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Set up a file based data source.
- Sequence multiple transforms together:
- These manipulate data within IMan before it enters its target application.
- Create some relatively simple expressions using our formula evaluator in the Map, Filter and Aggregate transforms.
- Set up the Sage300 connectors to import data.
- Set up and use IMan’s highly configurable auditing and error handling.
- Use the write transforms to export data from any application to a variety of data formats. The training will create an order status file to feed back to the web order entry system.
- Configure a File Task to archive processed files.
- Use the FTP task to upload a CSV file to your server.
- How to create an invoice, send a shipment, and email the client in one automated process.