Order Entry import from web based order system.
At a top level the aim is to import orders and customers from an Excel file into Sage200. Specifically you will learn:
- How to setup a file based data source.
- Sequence multiple transforms together to manipulate data within IMan before it enters its target application.
- Create some relatively simple expressions using our formula evaluator in the Map, Filter and Aggregate transforms.
- Setup the Sage200 connectors to import data.
- Learn how to setup and use IMan’s highly configurable auditing and error handling.
- Use the write transforms to export data from any application to a variety of data formats. The training will create an order status file to feed back to the web order entry system.
- Use the FTP and File Task (to archive processed files).
- IMan is installed and running.
Ensure Sage200 is setup and working with IMan (see Sage200 Connector Setup).
- If you have not used IMan previously it is highly recommended to consult the Quick Start guide and the integration walkthroughs prior to starting training.
We urge you to follow and read each part carefully. There are some ‘gotchas’ along the way if you miss a step or get something wrong.
We estimate it will take about a day on your own to work through the initial training. There are several homework steps which can be performed after the initial section is complete.