4.11 - Excel Reader keeps attempting to delete the same field.... And then adds new field (1 reply)
- I had an Excel reader reading an Excel file with header rows.
- I modified the Excel file to have different columns.
- Now, the Excel reader tells me EVERYTIME I hit "Refresh", that one of the columns was not found (ERROR 1)
- In the transform after the Excel Reader, there is a new field which doesn't exist in the Excel Reader (ERROR 2)
As I've seen many times before -- and have asked for logic to handle this many times before -- there appears to be an issue with the field list between 2 transforms.
Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have some logic added between the transforms that makes sure the fields are consistent? This is probably the 10th issue I've entered that has to deal with a version of this issue. Can you please look into this?
- IMan Job XML: You can see that in position 12 it is expecting a field named "_overview", but the datafield attribute is still set to "_details_and-features"
- IMan Excel Reader: You can see that position 12 in the UI is for "_case_studies", COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than "_overview", "_details_and-features", no clue why the indexing is off as well.
- Excel File: You can see that there is no "_overview", and there is no "_details_and-features", but IMan thinks there is.
Randy, can you send the job configuration and excel file separately as a support ticket and we will fix this issue.